After suffering injuries in any type of accident, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss a possible claim. There is no financial reason to delay this meeting since most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations.
Before meeting for the first time with an attorney, potential plaintiffs should gather documents and other information in their possession that relate to the incident that caused the harm involved.
This information may include different types of documentation depending on the circumstances and nature of the personal injury.
The list of information and documentation includes the following:
- Bills, invoices from doctors and hospitals, physical therapists and/or chiropractors
- Names and addresses of any service providers such as hospitals, ambulance services, etc.
- Dates of any treatment including admit and release dates
- List of all prescription medications presently taken
- Documentation detailing health insurance coverage
- Documentation detailing auto insurance coverage if the injury was a result of a motor vehicle accident
- Documentation of lost work or income caused by the injury
- Photos of the accident scene or injuries incurred
If clients have any questions about a document or other piece of documentary or even physical evidence that may relate to their case, they should simply bring it with them to the consultation or contact the attorney’s office for guidance and clarification. The quicker clients can provide all the information necessary to initiate a personal injury claim, the more expediently a personal injury attorney can pursue the claim.
Steven Heintz knows what it’s like to be involved in a life-changing traffic accident. Not only as an attorney – but also as a victim and client.
In 1974 in Bradenton, a car ran a red light and hit Steven broadside while he was riding a motorcycle. He lost the big toe on his right foot, and his ankle had to be fused together. Steven endured over a dozen surgeries and was in a cast for over a year.
He has experienced pain and suffering on a unique level.
At the time, he felt the insurance company was less than fair. As a result, he has made it his life’s mission to protect others from unfair and unscrupulous insurance companies. If you have been involved in any type of accident, the attorneys at Heintz and Becker possess the necessary expertise and experience to handle your personal injury matter. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation call our injury law firm at 941-748-2916. To serve you better, we have offices conveniently located in Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida. Our website is available in English and Spanish!
We Get Results