Preparing to meet with a personal injury lawyer for the first time requires a reasonable amount of groundwork and preparation. Of course, there is an abundance of information that must be gathered and exchanged between potential client and attorney before and after this consultation. Clients who are potential plaintiffs should prepare to both ask and answer various questions in this initial consultation.
The following are possible questions that may arise at an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney:
- What specific injuries do you believe you suffered?
- What is the present level of pain that you are experiencing?
- Does this pain prevent you from working?
- If so, to what extent?
- Where are you employed?
- How long have you been employed by this employer?
- What is your job description?
- Have you kept a post-accident diary?
- Have you seen a doctor?
- If you have seen a doctor, what was the prognosis?
- Have you consulted with any other medical professionals?
- Who else (lawyers or insurance representatives, etc.) have you spoken with about the accident and what details did you provide to these parties?
- What type of auto and medical insurance coverage do you have?
- Have you given a recorded statement about the accident or injury to your insurance carrier or the other party’s insurance carrier?
- Have you been in any other accidents prior to or since this accident?
- What are the details of these accidents?
- Have you received any notices of lien claims?
A good personal injury attorney will patiently, clearly, and concisely answer any questions in detail. Do not be afraid to bring a written list of questions with you to the consultation.
It is not unusual for a meeting with a lawyer to cause anxiety. Knowing in advance how the meeting will transpire and being adequately prepared to answer any questions is a positive step forward to receiving compensation for a personal injury claim.
To allow this meeting to proceed as efficiently as possible, prospective clients should bring all the paperwork and documentation related to their injuries and the event that caused them.
The injury attorneys at Heintz & Becker know where to look to find insurance coverage and assets. We have the knowledge and experience to build effective strategies that prevail in a courtroom if a case goes to trial. If you’ve been injured in Florida, we want to hear your story. Call941-748-2916 for a free consultation today. We don’t get paid unless we obtain results!
We Get Results